Do no harm, Do good, Stay in love with God!John Wesley
We are pleased to announce that we will host an indoor church service starting on Sunday, October 4, 2020, at 10:00 AM at 265 Main Street, Townsend, MA!
We will want to hug and shake hands, but as we all know now, that won’t be possible. The conference and the state have rules we must abide by, so congregating in groups any closer than six feet from one another is not allowed. We will wear masks the entire time and we will refrain from singing.
Please bear with us as we fine-tune the program and try to make it as comfortable as possible for you and your guests. It won’t be what we are used to, but we are called to be ready for change. This is an opportunity to practice. Halleluiah and Amen
Please note: If you feel the time is not right for you, please know that we miss you but are in complete support of your decision to be with us in spirit. There will be an online message available Sunday on our website newbeginningsumcma.org.
Indoor Service Guidelines
Kindly keep in mind the following guidelines and help us maintain safety as we worship.
- If you are not feeling well, especially if you are experiencing symptoms common to Covid-19, please stay home.
- Please come with clean hands, bring a mask, and be prepared to maintain six feet of distance.
- A mask must be worn appropriately, and always for the protection of everyone.
- We will practice our waving and smiling as we greet each other six feet apart.
- A table will be set up near our entrance for masks, disinfectant, wipes, gloves, a wastebasket
- The offering plate will not be passed. If you choose to give, please place you’re offering in the collection plate as you enter or as you leave. A collection plate will be provided at the entrance and exit.
- Chairs will be set up six feet apart for proper social distancing.
- People who live in the same household may sit together.
- There will be no passing of the peace (handshakes, hugs, contact, etc.)
- All hymnals and bibles will be removed from the sanctuary.
- Please limit the use of the restrooms. Anyone who uses the bathroom is responsible for sanitizing the space before and after you use the facility. Please use the provided disinfectants on all surfaces you encounter.
- Dismissal of the congregation will be directed by the Pastor during the postlude music to maintain acceptable social distancing.
Thank you for your cooperation and we hope to see you Sunday!
Yours in His precious Name,
P.S. If you would like to prepare the way for our indoor service, please join us on Tuesday, September 29th at 7 PM to clean and arrange the sanctuary.