Editor’s Note: Our Outdoor Service is now scheduled for 9 A.M. to take advantage of the shade over our service area.
We are pleased to announce that we have a plan for outdoor church service starting on Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 10:30 am! If the weather is dry, we will have an opportunity to gather together outside our building at 265 Main Street, Townsend, MA for the first time in months! If it rains, we will thank God for His bounty and try again next week.
We will want to hug and shake hands, but as we all know now, that won’t be possible. The conference and the state have rules we must abide by, so congregating in groups any closer than six feet from one another is not allowed. We will wear masks the entire time and we will refrain from singing.
Please bear with us as we fine-tune the program and try to make it as comfortable for you as we possibly can. It won’t be what we are used to, but we are called to be ready for change. This is an opportunity to practice. Halleluiah and Amen!
Please note: If you feel the time is not right for you, please know that we miss you but are in complete support of your decision to be with us in spirit. There will be an online message available Sunday on our website newbeginningsumcma.org
Outdoor Service Guidelines
Kindly keep in mind the following guidelines and help us maintain safety as we worship.
- If the weather is bad, we will not meet. Use your own discretion as you leave home.
- Please bring a mask and be prepared to maintain six feet of distance.
- If you desire, you may bring your own coffee and chair as we won’t be serving refreshments.
- The outdoor service area will be marked off with cones. Please park on the right side of the church or in the lower parking lot.
- We will practice our waving and smiling as we greet each other from a distance of six feet.
- As you face the front of the church, enter the outdoor service area on the left side yard. An usher will guide our movement around the area and answer any of your questions.
- Chairs will be set up six feet apart for proper social distancing.
- A table will be set up near our entrance for masks, disinfectant, wipes, gloves, a wastebasket, and an offering basket as we will not be passing an offering plate.
- With the exception of the bathroom, we will not be using the inside of the building. Anyone who uses the bathroom is responsible for sanitizing the space before and after you use the facility. Please use the provided disinfectants on all surfaces you encounter.
- Dismissal of the congregation will be directed by the Pastor during the postlude music to maintain acceptable social distancing.
Thank you for your cooperation and we hope to see you Sunday!
Yours in His precious Name,